Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Jobs Meme for Readers and Writers

I found this on Doug Clegg's fine blog, and Doug found it on M.J. Rose's fine blog. The meme is a reaction to Steve Jobs comment that "people don't read anymore".

The Jobs Meme for Writers

How many books have you written? Well, I've written 11. One will be published in May.

How many copies of your books are in print? I can't count the copies I printed myself, can I? A couple hundred arcs, and there will be between 100,000 and 150,000 of Generation Dead in May, depending on which source you believe.

How many of your books did you write on a Mac? The first six.

When did you buy your first Mac? 1988

The Jobs Meme for Readers

How many books do you read a year? between 120-160
When was the last time you bought a new computer? Last year

When do you expect you'll buy your next computer? Three years

When do you expect you'll buy your next cell phone? Three years

On a scale of 1-10 how important do you think it is that we support reading and literacy? 10

No comments: