Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Take a Walk Take a Rest

I've discovered that my perfect circadian rhythm would allow me to go to bed at 2 a.m. and wake up at 10 a.m.--hard to maintain when I need to get the kiddies on the bus around 7 a.m. But they're on vacation this week so I can revert to my old ways, at least temporarily.

Not sure exactly why that is my best cycle--I've kept all sorts of hours in my life. When I was in college I worked until three a.m. four nights a week making sandwiches, and would turn in around four to get a few hours sleep before my ten a.m. classes. When I was a little kid I had a paper route that got me up at 5 a.m. and I probably went to sleep around 8 p.m.

Waking up at ten a.m., I went to the office and rocked the computer. I mean I was slammin'. I'm a hard striker and my fingertips are growing numbed and calloused like they were during the couple years I pretended I could play the guitar. Plus I'm starting to wear the letters off of my computer keyboard, which is really cool.

I took a break and took a long walk around the park, and although I was doing my best to clear my mind with fresh air and heavy metal, I was struck by yet another Brilliant Idea and literally had to run home to start writing it down. I wrote a bunch and will write a bunch more when I end this blog entry.

Two of my favorite terms: "Coping Mechanism" and "Enabling Fantasy". February will be over soon!

No comments: