Friday, April 18, 2008

The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye

Had a blast at the Groton Library Young Authors' Night meeting readers and listening to other authors. Many thanks to Anne for having us, and thanks to Terrie, Jane and Katt of Borders Express for selling the books. And thanks especially to Brianna, the first authentic young adult to purchase Generation Dead! Whooo Hooo!

We reallocated a couple dozen books, gave away some T-shirts, and I managed not to collapse or drool during my five minute talk.

Thanks also to Rick, Peter and Sean of The Day for the media coverage prior to the event. Rick, author of Texas Music and Louisiana Music, wrote a very nice article that you can check out at The Day's website here. If you click the video link next to the picture with my big fat head, you can watch a thrilling video of me typing!

I kid. Actually, I have to confess that when the idea for a video was proposed, I was certain that it would end in tears, but somehow Peter managed, via elaborate special effects, to create a really cool piece.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hullo Mr. Waters!

I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you last night and get an inkling of what goes on behind the scenes of bringing a book to life. (No, no pun intended.)

Also thank you for posting a link to that article! Terrie won't part with her copy that she showed us at work. *laughs*

And just to let you know, I finished the book. Not to give anything away, you owe me a box of tissues and the next book: that was the best read I've had in quite a while. I can't wait to recommend it to future readers at the store!

Wishing you the best,
Katt

Daniel Waters said...

Hey Katt!

But...but...you just bought it yesterday! Were any of the 400 pages missing????

Seriously, thanks for the awesome compliment, and thanks again for your work at the Groton Library.

Take care,
Dan

Anonymous said...

*cackles*

No, no, all the pages were there. But between starting it while I was AT the library, reading late into the night, and then carrying it around wherever I go all day...

I could not. Put. This. Book. Down.

I'd give a more detailed reason as to why I enjoyed it so much, but I don't want to spoil anything for future readers. ;)

Just thank you, so very much, for an excellent book.

Katt

Daniel Waters said...

Hey Katt!

Thanks for making GD your employee pick! Terrie pointed it out to me when I stopped by the mall.

Take care,

Dan

Malissa in Cali said...

Hey, Mr. Daniel Waters!

My name is Malissa, and I wanted to say that I love your books! I've been busy with school, but right now, I'm finally reading Kiss of life. It is really great so far, and my bf really enjoyed passing strange. You are a wonderful author, and the story and all of its characters are great. Thanks for sharing your story with the world. I'm getting my whole family to read them. ^_^